Unless you have an iPhone, chances are your phone is not going to vibrate when you get a call. However, most phones come with an option to enable vibration alerts. So, why doesn’t your phone vibrate? There could be a number of reasons for that: either it is switched off or you have turned the vibration feature off. Most people tend to leave their vibration settings on when they buy a new phone, but there are instances where some users might have accidentally switched it off. Read on if you want to know more about why isn’t my phone vibrating.
Why Isn’t My Phone Vibrating?
There are a few reasons why your phone might not be vibrating. One possibility is that you have your vibration turned off in your phone settings. Another possibility is that the sound or vibration function on your phone might be broken. If you’re not sure how to check, you can usually find instructions for how to do so in your phone’s User Guide. If neither of those things is the problem, then it’s possible that there’s something blocking the vibration function, like a case or screen protector. You can try removing the case or screen protector to see if that fixes the problem.
What Happens When Your Phone Doesn’t Vibrate?
1. You can’t feel the vibration
You may have noticed your phone vibrating when you get a call. However, if you are not getting any vibration, then chances are your phone is not vibrating at all. So, in order to understand why isn’t my phone vibrating, it is important that you check whether the vibration feature is on or off. If it is off, then you will need to turn it on again.
2. You have turned off the vibration alert in your settings
Most phones come with an option to enable or disable the vibration feature. So, if your phone does not vibrate for a couple of days and you don’t know why then it could be that you have turned this feature off in your settings. The best way to check this is by going through the settings in your phone and checking if the vibration option has been disabled or not. Most manufacturers usually include this feature as an option in the first place, so this is a common problem that you might be facing.
3. Your phone is not vibrating because it is in silent mode
Some users may have turned the vibration feature off or left it on silent mode. So, if your phone has been vibrating for a couple of days and you are not able to find out the reason why then it could be that the vibration feature has been switched off. If this is the case, then you will need to switch it back on again. If you are in silent mode and your phone doesn’t vibrate, then chances are your phone will only start vibrating when there is an incoming call or if you perform an action like pressing a button or turning on the screen. You can check out our article on why isn’t my phone ringing for more information about this situation.
Check To See If Your Phone Is In Silent Mode
- Open your phone.
- Go to Settings > Sound and vibration.
- If your phone is on silent mode, then the alert will be displayed on the screen as shown below:
- Turn off your phone if it is on the silent mode by pressing the button that says “Silent” at the bottom of the screen. You will find this button at the top of your phone when you open it up from its case or from its dock connector. If you have a case, then you may need to remove it in order to access this button.
- Now, turn on your vibrate setting by pressing and holding (for about 2 seconds) on that same “Silent” button which was previously turned off to ensure that it vibrates again upon receiving a call or text message notification:
- Now, go back to Settings > Sound and vibration and you should see a new option with “Vibration” as shown in the screenshot below:
- Turn on your vibration settings and you should see your phone vibrating again upon receiving a call or text message notification.
Your Phone Might Not Have A Vibration Setting
1. Check if your phone has a vibration setting
Your phone might have a vibration setting, but it is switched off. To get to the vibration settings, you can go to the Settings menu on your phone. Once you are in Settings, tap on Sounds and Notifications. Scroll down and tap Vibration. You should see a toggle for Vibrate mode. Tap on it and turn it on if you want your phone to vibrate when someone calls you.
2. Check if you are using a silent mode
Another reason why your phone doesn’t vibrate could be because of the silent mode on your phone. If your phone has a silent mode, it means that the ringer is muted while in this mode and there is no sound coming out of the speaker while making or receiving calls or messages. Since there is no sound coming out of the speaker, there is no noise that can come through to alert you when someone calls or texts you via your mobile.
3. Check if the ringer is on or off
If you have set a silent mode, make sure that you are in a silent mode. If you are in silent mode, it means that all incoming calls and messages will be muted until you answer the call or message. You should have to switch on the ringer to get an alert from your phone when someone calls or texts you via your phone. If your phone has a ringer switch, make sure that it is turned on to get an alert when someone calls or texts you via your phone.
4. Turn your vibrate setting back on
If all else fails, go back to settings and turn the vibration setting back on again. You can do this by going to Settings > Sounds and Notifications > Vibration > Vibrate Mode and turning it back on if it is switched off.
If you start noticing that your phone is not vibrating even though it is ringing, then there could be a few reasons. The most common reason why your phone isn’t vibrating is that you have the vibration setting turned off. Another reason could be that your phone is in silent mode. Another reason why your phone might not vibrate is that the ringtone volume is turned down too low. Another reason why your phone might not vibrate is that the vibration setting might be turned off in the settings menu.