With all the new unlocked phone providers hitting the market, it’s a great time to switch and get more out of your next cellphone. If you have a Boost Mobile phone, unlocking it is pretty simple. Unlocking your Boost Mobile phone will allow you to use any carrier that operates on the same frequency bands as Boost. Whether you want to sell your phone or travel abroad, unlocking your Boost cell phone is worth doing so that you can take it to any carrier. Unlocking your mobile phone also makes switching carriers easier because you won’t be locked into one network provider. If you want to learn how to unlock a Boost Mobile phone, just keep reading!
Are Boost Mobile Phones Unlocked?
Boost Mobile is a prepaid cell phone provider. The service plans are available in a variety of denominations and it is primarily marketed to younger customers. Customers enjoy an unlimited talk, text, and data package with the service plans. Boost Mobile also offers international roaming packages and other features like free streaming music and movies on its app store.
What Is Boost Mobile?
Boost Mobile is an American cellphone network provider. They offer prepaid wireless plans to customers in the United States. Boost also runs as a subsidiary of Sprint, a major carrier in the US. Boost Mobile is one of the biggest prepaid cellphone companies in the US. Being a prepaid cellphone service, it does not require any contract. This makes it a cheaper alternative to most postpaid plans, which are usually more expensive. Boost Mobile offers a wide variety of Android smartphones. The Boost Mobile network is run on the Sprint network. This means that if you are traveling outside the US, you can use your Boost Mobile phone abroad. Boost Mobile offers unlimited talk, text, and data plans. While these plans sound like a great deal, they might be better off buying a used phone and signing up for a month-to-month plan with another network provider.
How To Unlock A Boost Mobile Phone?
- Find out if you can unlock your Boost Mobile phone.
- Put the phone on the Boost Mobile network.
- Go to Boost’s website and click on “Boost Mobile Unlock Service.”
- Enter your account information, including your name, phone number, address, and email address for verification purposes. You will be prompted for a PIN number as well as a confirmation code sent to your account email address.
- Follow the instructions on their website to complete the unlocking process and receive an email receipt of your successful unlock request. This is where you get to confirm that all of their questions have been answered correctly and that they are officially unlocking your phone for you! If they ask you to send them the phone back, this means they are sending the phone back to you unopened in its original packaging or packaging (if any) it came in with! If it came with a label showing who it was shipped by, make sure that is included with the phone.
- You will be notified via email when your phone is unlocked and ready for use.
- Once your phone is unlocked, you can turn it on and start using it! You can also turn the phone off and put it in airplane mode to prevent the device from being used until you are ready to use it again! This will prevent others from getting access to your personal information such as contacts, pictures, videos, etc.
- Remember that Boost Mobile phones are locked to their network so if you want to change carriers or buy a new phone, you will need to get an unlock code from Boost Mobile’s website before going through the carrier selection process with them.
- If you have questions or concerns about unlocking your phone with Boost Mobile, feel free to contact them at email@example.com or by calling 1-800-309-7899 option 3 ready for use on Boost’s network. You will also receive a text message from Boost advising you that the unlock request has been completed and that your phone is ready for use.
- Connect to Boost Mobile’s network! Simply turn off your phone, put it on the Boost Mobile network, and then turn it back on again to complete the process. If you want to know if your device has successfully connected, simply go into your phone’s settings and look for the “Boost Mobile” logo or icon in the top left corner of the screen (pictured below).
Limitations Of The Unlock Process
- The carrier may prevent you from using your phone on Boost Mobile if you unlock it.
- Unlocking could void your warranty with the carrier.
- You will not be able to use a Boost Mobile SIM card in another phone.
- Your phone will continue to have the “locked” status, even though it is unlocked, if you return it to Boost Mobile within 30 days of purchase or activation.
- If you are currently on a contract, unlocking could put you at risk of early termination fees or cancellation fees if you leave your contract early.
- Unlocked phones cannot be used on other networks such as Verizon, AT&T and T-Mobile US (the Big 4).
- If you unlock your phone, you will not be able to use it on Boost Mobile.
- You will not be able to use your phone on Boost Mobile if you cancel your service with the carrier before your contract is up.
- If you leave Boost Mobile, you may have to pay a cancellation fee or early termination fee if you are under contract with the carrier.
- You may be charged a unlocking fee by the carrier if they determine that your phone is no longer eligible for unlocking due to one of the following will not unlock your phone.
- Boost Mobile will not unlock any phones that are still under warranty with the carrier.
- You may be charged a fee by the carrier to unlock your phone if you do not purchase a new phone from them or use their service for at least 30 days after unlocking.
- You may have to pay an unlocking fee by the carrier if you are within 120 days of your contract’s end date and try to unlock your phone with their service.
- If you have an unlocked phone, it will still be considered “locked” by Boost Mobile even though it is unlocked, if you return it within 30 days of purchase or activation. This means that you will not be able to use it on Boost Mobile and other carriers in the US after returning it to Boost Mobile within 30 days of activation or purchase, and also means that Boost Mobile will not unlock this phone for their customers at any time in the future even though it is unlocked now do not have a network unlock in stock.
Boost Mobile phones are great for people who want a cheaper cell phone plan or international travelers who need a local SIM card. In order to unlock all of the benefits of a Boost Mobile plan, though, you need to unlock your phone first. Unlocking your Boost Mobile phone is easy to do if you know what to do. If you have Boost, it is worth unlocking your phone so that you can use any other provider if you want to or travel abroad!