When it comes to laptops, Apple is one of the most popular brands. The company’s range of Macbooks are some of the most sought-after devices in this category—and also some of the most expensive. The latest MacBook Pro with Touch Bar starts at £1,749 in the UK and AU$2,199 in Australia. Even cheaper models like the new MacBook start at £1,249 and $1199 (without including sales tax). On top of that, you need to factor in other costs such as software, accessories, and maintenance. Many people wonder why Macbooks cost so much when there are cheaper Windows alternatives available. But is there really a good reason for this? Let’s take a look at why Macbooks are so expensive.
Why Are MacBooks So Expensive?
The Macbook is one of the most expensive laptops on the market and it has been a point of contention for many. The question of why Macbooks are so expensive has been asked by so many people that it has become a hot topic. There are a number of reasons why people think that the Macbook is overpriced but there are a lot more people who believe that it is worth every penny.
Is A MacBook Pro Worth The Money?
- The Macbook Pro is a high-end laptop that comes with a high price tag. It is not meant for everyone, but it can be useful if you are willing to spend a little more money.
- The Macbook Pro was launched in 2006 and since then, it has undergone several upgrades and improvements to the point that it has become one of the most popular laptops on the market today.
- This laptop comes in two models, the 13-inch model and the 15-inch model and they come with different prices as well as different features.
- This laptop weighs about 3 pounds, which means that you can carry it around without any problems. It also comes with an LED backlit screen which means that you can use this laptop even when there is not much light in your surroundings.
- This laptop comes with a lot of features including an Intel Core 2 Duo processor running at 2 GHz, 4 GB of RAM memory, a built-in iSight camera, a built-in microphone, a slot for an SD memory card, a slot for an SDHC memory card and an Ethernet port.
- This laptop is not really designed for gaming, unlike the MacBook Air. However, you can still play games on this laptop if you want but the performance will be affected by this.
- The MacBook Pro comes with one of the most expensive price tags on the market today, especially if you go for the 15-inch model. However, if you are looking to get a high-end laptop that will last you for several years to come then investing in a MacBook Pro might be worth your while.
- The battery life of this laptop is quite impressive as it can run up to 7 hours if you use it at 50% brightness and up to 6 hours when used at maximum brightness settings and with Wi-Fi turned on all the time.
- This laptop is not really meant for everyone and you should only get it if you know what you need it for. If you are looking for a laptop to do your school work on, then this is not the best choice for you.
- There are a lot of people who do not like this laptop because they think that it is expensive and that there are other laptops in the market with similar features that cost a lot less money than the MacBook Pro does. However, the fact that this laptop has been on the market for so long shows that there are a lot of people who believe that it is worth every penny they spent on it.
Why Are MacBooks More Expensive Than Other Laptops?
- The first reason why a Macbook Pro costs so much is because of its design. The Macbook Pro is designed to be extremely thin and it does not have any unnecessary weight added to it. In order for the laptop to be able to fit into this slim design, Apple had to remove a lot of components from the inside and even from the outside of the laptop.
- Another reason why this laptop costs so much is because of its operating system, OS X. Not only does it have a very powerful operating system, but the software that runs on it is also very advanced. This kind of software would cost a lot more than your usual Windows-based software and this means that you will have to pay more for it as well.
- Lastly, another reason why Macbooks are so expensive is that they are made out of high quality materials, like aluminum and glass which do not come cheap at all. The aluminum used in the Macbook Pro is melted in a furnace at extremely high temperatures and the glass is made out of special materials to ensure that it will not break easily. These materials are very expensive and they have to be paid for no matter what.
- Another reason why the Macbook Pro is so expensive is because of the powerful processor that it uses. The Macbook Pro uses a processor that is significantly more powerful than those used in other laptops and because of this, it has to have more memory as well. This means that the laptop will be using a lot more memory and this also means that it will be using a lot more electricity as well.
- The last reason why the Macbook Pro costs so much is because of its battery life. It is known to have one of the longest battery lives among all laptops and this means that Apple had to use even more advanced materials, like special batteries, to ensure that their laptop’s battery life was extremely long-lasting.
Is It Really Just Marketing?
- Apple’s marketing budget is very high and no one can deny that. They are the epitome of marketing and when you have the best products like Apple does, you can afford to spend a lot on advertising. When Apple spends a lot on marketing, it means that they have more money to put into research and development which makes the quality of its products better than any other competitor.
- Apple’s designs are also very popular with people and this is why many people will pay more for them instead of getting a laptop from another company that looks like everyone else’s. This is not just about the design but also about how Apple has been able to stay ahead of its competition in terms of technology while keeping its prices lower than others.
- Some people believe that Macbooks are overpriced because they come with a lot of extra features such as the ability to run Windows or Linux without problems and all kinds of software preinstalled which saves you time in installing it yourself. This is what many people mean when they say that Macbooks are just overpriced because of the Apple name.
- The other reason why Macbooks are so expensive is because of the materials they are made from. It is well known that Apple uses the best materials to make its products and this means that they are not cheap. This is especially true for the glass screens which can cost up to $100 per sheet.
- The last reason why Macbooks are so expensive is because of the quality control that Apple has in place for each computer that leaves their production line. Each computer has to be checked and tested before it can leave the factory and this is one of the reasons why it costs more than a computer from another company because there are more people working on each computer than there would be otherwise and this drives up costs as well.
So, why are Macbooks so expensive? Well, they’re better quality and offer longer, more stable performance; they also use higher-quality hardware. All of this costs more money, which is why Macbooks are a bit more expensive than Windows laptops. If you’re looking to save money, you could go for a cheaper Windows laptop. But, you’ll likely have to replace it sooner due to the inferior hardware and software. If you can afford a Macbook, it’s a better investment in the long run.