Airdrops are a fun way to share photos with friends and family. They’re also a great way to get your photo out into the world and seen by as many people as possible. While most people aren’t going to be actively searching for a new photo-sharing app, the ones you can trust will help you spread your images far and wide. But where do airdrop photos go on Mac? Let’s find out!
Where Do Airdrop Photos Go On Mac?
If you have opened your airdrop photos on Mac, you will notice a folder called Photos. It is the default folder where your photos are saved by default. But if you have already changed the default location of your photos to any other folder, then this is where you need to go to get back all the photos from the airdrop.
What Is An Airdrop?
Airdrop is a social photo-sharing app that allows you to share your favorite photos with people nearby. It’s completely free to use, and there are no strings attached. You don’t have to sign up or provide your email address to share photos. You can do everything anonymously if you prefer. The app is fairly straightforward and easy to use. You can search for photos to view nearby. You can also import photos from your device’s camera roll to share them.
How To Find Where Airdrop Photos Go On Mac?
- Go to the Photos app in Finder and look for the folders labeled “AirDrop”.
- Double-click on these folders to open them and see if there are some photos in them. If you are seeing photos, they have been shared by others on airdrop.
- Go to Airdrop > Photos folder and look for any files that have names like “Airdrop”, “Photos”, or “AirDrop” in them. These are the files that you can use to find where airdrop photos go on Mac.
- On a PC, open Mac App Store or download from the Adobe Air website directly from your device and install it on your computer/laptop/PC desktop/computer desktop or laptop computer/PC desktop/laptop computer accordingly depending on your operating system version (Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7). Then launch the Adobe Air application which will automatically detect all devices with an internet connection including Mac.
- From the Adobe Air application you can see all the devices listed with their network name, MAC address, IP address, and other details.
- On a Mac go to Finder > Applications > Adobe Air > Preferences and open up the “Devices” tab and view the devices listed under the “Devices” section. You will see all the devices listed with their network name, MAC address, IP address, and other details.
- On a PC go to Control Panel > Network Connections and look for any Airdrop on your computer/PC desktop/laptop computer as shown in the following screenshot: icon for your network adapter.
- If you see an icon for your network adapter, then you need to find the MAC address of this device and open the Adobe Air application from Adobe Air > Preferences > Devices tab. Then in the list of devices click the device that has the MAC address that matches your network adapter’s MAC address from Control Panel > Network Connections.
- Go back to the Adobe Air application and click on the “Devices” tab on the left panel and then select the “Show All Devices” option at bottom of this screen to view all available devices on your computer/laptop/PC desktop/computer desktop or laptop computer/PC desktop/laptop computer accordingly depending on your operating system version (Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7).
- From the list of available devices you can select a particular device that will display its details in a separate window like the below screenshot: This is where you have to look for the icon for “AirDrop”. If you see this icon, then it means your PC is on the same network as other devices listed.
Where Do Airdrop Photos Go After Importing On Mac?
- Airdrop will automatically save all photos to ~/Pictures/AirDrop/Photos.
- You can also choose to manually save photos by going to the Photos app and selecting the airdrop photo you want to keep in your collection.
- When you open Photos, a new album entitled “Airdrop” will be created containing all of your airdrop photos. The album will show all of the photos that you’ve shared with others, including their location information if it was saved in the Photos app.
- To delete a photo from this album, drag it into the trash icon at the bottom left corner of the Photos window or select it and press Delete on the keyboard or click on the Trash icon at the bottom right corner of the window.
- If you want to add a photo to a collection, drag it into the Albums folder.
- To add an airdrop photo to your Photos library, select the photo and press Add to Library on the keyboard or click on the + sign icon at the bottom left corner of the Photos window.
- You can also rename and re-order your airdrop photos by selecting the album and then selecting the photo you want to edit and clicking on the Edit button.
- To delete a photo from your Photos library, select it in the Photos app and press Delete on the keyboard or click on the Trash icon at the bottom right corner of the window
- To share an airdrop photo, select it in Photos and press Share on the keyboard or click on Share at the bottom left corner of Photos
- To view all of your airdrop photos, select AirDrop from Finder and go to Applications > Airdrop > Photos
- If you have no photos saved to ~/Pictures/AirDrop/Photos yet, do so now by going to Finder > Applications > Airdrop > Photos and dragging all photos into this folder.
- Now that you’ve added all of your photos to this new album, open it open photos by changing the photo’s resolution, selecting a photo, and pressing Edit on the keyboard or clicking on the Edit button at the bottom of the window.
Airdrop is a great way to share photos with people nearby. It’s an easy way to share photos with people who are nearby without having to exchange phone numbers or emails. However, not everyone using airdrop is there to share photos. That’s why you should use discretion when deciding which photos you want to share. And when you’re searching for photos, be sure to use the filter to find only photos that were shared with you. That way, you can make sure you’re only using photos that were meant for your eyes only.