When you live in a remote area, the most challenging part of owning an RV is how to turn on LED lights without a remote. It can be frustrating to get caught outdoors at night without the ability to turn on the lights. But there are ways of dealing with this situation. If you have been using your RV for some time and are aware of its inner workings, then you may know that there is a light switch somewhere within it. Depending on where your RV is parked, there may also be a nearby light pole that you can use to activate the same light switch inside your RV. In case these are not available, however, there are still several ways in which you can activate the LED lights without a remote. Here’s what you need to do.
How To Turn On LED Lights Without A Remote
- Press the power button on the wall outlet. This will turn on the power to your LED lights.
- Once the LED lights are powered, you can turn them off by pressing and holding down the same light switch for a few seconds. This is usually done by placing your hand over it and pressing down firmly with your fingers.
- You can also use a screwdriver or any other small tool to press and hold down the same switch for a few seconds while turning off the LED lights with your other hand. The screwdriver tip or another small tool is good enough to do this job because you do not have to hold it down very hard in order to turn off the LED lights without a remote control.
- You can also use an external remote control to turn on or off any of your LED lights that are not controlled by a wall outlet, such as those that are connected to solar panels or generators (if they have an integrated controller). You can also use an external remote control to operate LED lights that are controlled by a wall outlet, such as those that are connected to an electrical outlet in your RV.
- To turn on your LED lights without a remote and activate them, you can also use the same methods used for turning off the LED lights. The only difference is that you will have to use your other hand to activate the light switch with a screwdriver or other small tool while pressing down on it with your other hand in order to turn on the LED lights.
- If you want to turn off all of your LED lights once and for all, then you can just hold down the same light switch while switching them off with a screwdriver or other small tool. This will turn off all of them at once without having to press any buttons on any remote controls or wall outlets. This method is especially useful if you have turned off all of your LED lights using one of the above-mentioned methods turning off your LED lights. This can be done by pressing and holding down the same light switch for a few seconds while turning on the LED lights with your other hand.
- Finally, you can also use an external remote control to turn on or off any of your LED lights that are not controlled by a wall outlet, such as those that are connected to solar panels or generators (if they have an integrated controller). You can also use an external remote control to operate LED lights that are controlled by a wall outlet, such as those that are connected to an electrical outlet in your RV.
What Are Some Tips For Turning On LED Lights Without A Remote?
- If you have an individual switch for each light, simply switch it on.
- If you have a common switch for the entire RV, then change the setting to “all lights”.
- If you don’t know where the light switch is, then try to find it by flipping a few switches and looking at the lights that turn on. If there are no lights turning on, then it means that you have to find another way of turning on your LED lights without a remote.
- If all else fails, try searching online for information regarding how to turn on LED lights without a remote or how to use your RV’s interior switch to turn on LED lights without a remote. This is what I did when my RV was parked in an area where there was no nearby light pole or any other idea of where I could access this light switch from within my RV.
- If you are unable to find any information, then you may need to get help from a professional electrician who can guide you on how to activate LED lights without a remote.
Check Your Batteries
- Check your battery. If you notice that the battery is low, then make sure to recharge it before using the RV.
- If your battery is fully charged and still does not work, then you need to check the power connection of your lights. Make sure that the light switch is activated properly and that there are no broken wires or anything else that may cause a signal loss in your lights.
- If you have a volt meter, then check if there’s any voltage drop in the circuit of your lights due to a short circuit or something similar. You may also need to clean the contacts of the plug receptacle or even use an extension cord in case you have one available for this purpose.
Turn On The Propane Tank
- Locate the propane tank. In most cases, the tank is located under a metal cover on the back of your RV. You can use a screwdriver to remove this cover and check whether there is propane inside your RV. Turn on the propane and check whether you have received an unmistakable “click” sound from your RV’s interior lighting system. If you have, then you are good to go!
- Find the ignition switch
- Once you’re positive that there is propane inside your RV, locate the ignition switch on its interior wall or near its exterior wall. It will be located near one of these two parts of the RV; just make sure that it is located on one side of the RV. Turn off all other electrical appliances in your house or campground so that you won’t accidentally turn them back on when you turn off your LED lights. Also, make sure that no one else is around to turn them back on.
- Turn on the ignition switch
- Turn on the ignition switch, which will activate all electrical appliances in your RV so that you can turn on your LED lights. This may take a couple of seconds to complete, but don’t worry as long as you haven’t turned anything else on in your RV. If you have turned anything else on, then it is important that you immediately turn off the appliance or devices that are currently active in your RV so that your LED lights will not turn back on again after turning off the ignition switch. Otherwise, they may turn back ON again when you turn off the ignition switch, and this can be quite annoying and frustrating for users of RVs without remote controls.
Use Your Cell Phone As A Remote
- Turn on the power to your RV.
- Check whether there is a phone charger in your RV. If you find one, plug it into the wall, and then connect your cell phone to it with the charger cord.
- Now, turn on the LED lights of your RV as you would normally. The phone will now be able to control them via its remote control feature provided that you have already downloaded an app that can do so on your cell phone.
LEDs are a source of light that is used in many situations and is considered one of the most efficient forms of lighting. When you are unable to turn on the lights in your RV, it can be frustrating and affect the quality of your life. Luckily, there are ways of dealing with this situation by following the guidelines above. Follow these steps, and you’re sure to be able to get your lights back on.