Are you trying to get back to your game faster, but can’t find the disc? Or maybe you just want to make sure that you don’t lose your game discs again. Ejecting a game disc from your Xbox One is the perfect solution for these problems. Your Xbox One comes with a lot of benefits and features, but it also has some quirks. If you have played other video game systems before, you may be familiar with the “eject” button. This is not as common these days, so here is everything you need to know about ejecting an Xbox One game disc and how to do it in a few simple steps.
How To Eject Xbox One Game Discs
- If your disc drive is not working properly or if it is making a strange noise, then there are some things you can do to fix the problem. First, make sure that the disc tray is clean and free of any dust or debris. You can use a microfiber cloth or even a lint roller to remove any dust and prevent it from scratching the disc. If that doesn’t work, try unplugging your console for at least 10 seconds and then plug it back in. This will often solve the problem.
- If you are still having problems with your Xbox One game disc drive, then try resetting your console:
- If resetting your console does not work, then try unplugging it for at least 10 seconds and then plug it back in again:
- If neither of these solutions works, then there may be something wrong with the game itself or with the game disc itself:
- In order matter what you do, if your disc tray will not open, then it is possible that your Xbox One console is having a hardware issue. You can check the Xbox support website for more information on how to troubleshoot this problem.
- Press the “Xbox” logo button on your controller and say “Xbox, eject” or “Eject” to eject a game disc from your Xbox One console.
- Press the “Xbox” logo button on your controller and say “Xbox, eject [device name]” or “Eject [device name].” For example, if you want to eject a USB memory stick called “My Memory Stick,” then you would say: “Xbox, eject My Memory Stick.”
- If you are having trouble getting the voice command feature to work properly with your Kinect sensor or voice command headset, then make sure that it is plugged in correctly and that there are amount of unplugging and cleaning the disc tray works, then you may need to contact Xbox Support for further assistance.
- Ejecting an Xbox One game disc is a great way to save your game progress. If you are planning on taking a break from your game or if you are going to be away from the console for an extended period, then ejecting the disc will prevent it from being accidentally turned off while you are away. It also prevents any possible damage that could occur to your game discs if they are left in the console for too long.
What Does Ejecting An Xbox One Game Disc Do?
- Ejecting an Xbox One game disc is easy, especially if you have a Kinect sensor with voice recognition or a voice command headset like the official Xbox wireless headset. Simply say “Xbox, eject” and the game disc will eject from your console. You can also push down the center of the controller to open up the disc tray quickly.
- If you do not have a Kinect sensor or voice command headset, then there are other options for ejecting a game disc from an Xbox One console without any buttons or remotes involved. Simply press down on the black center part of your controller until it pops out slightly and then pulls it out further to remove it from its slot in the console.
- If you are using an external storage device such as an external hard drive or USB memory stick, then simply press down on either side of it until they pop out slightly then pull them out further to remove them from their slots in the console:
- If for some reason you cannot eject a disc from your Xbox One, first check to see if there is any dust or debris on the disc tray. You can use a microfiber cloth or even a lint roller to remove any dust and prevent it from scratching the disc. If that doesn’t work, try unplugging your console for at least 10 seconds and then plug it back in. This will often solve the problem.
- If none of these tips work for you, then there could be something wrong with your Xbox One console and you may need to contact customer service for help troubleshooting your device.
- If you have ever been playing a game on an Xbox One and suddenly one of the kids wants you to help them with something or one of the adults calls you away, then it can be frustrating when you need to stop what you are doing to go find your game discs again so that they won’t get lost or scratched or debris that is blocking the disc tray. If there is still a problem, then you may have to manually reset your console. To do this, turn your console off then press and hold the sync button on the front of your console for three seconds. Once you let go of the sync button, press and hold the power button for another three seconds. Finally, press and hold the sync button for another three seconds before letting go of it. Your Xbox One should now start up as normal with a clean disc tray ready to eject any game discs that you want to remove from it.
- If none of these methods work, then you may need to contact customer support to find out what is wrong with your console. You can call Xbox customer support at 800-4MY-XBOX or visit their website at www.xbox.com/support for more information about contacting them or getting help with your Xbox One console.
Which Button Is The “Eject” Button On An Xbox One?
- If you are in the middle of playing a game and want to switch to another game or app, then you can eject the disc from your console and put it back in later. This will allow you to continue playing without having to wait for the disc to load again.
- If you have multiple people using your console, then everyone must know how to eject a disc in case someone else needs access to the game or app that is currently running on your console.
- If you have children who like playing with your games or apps, then they should know how to eject discs so they don’t accidentally damage them while they are playing with them.
- If you have kids who like watching movies on your Xbox One, then there is no reason why they shouldn’t learn how to eject discs so that they can put their movies in if they want instead of waiting for yours to load up again when you are done watching it.
- Matter what you do the disc still won’t eject, then you may need to contact Microsoft and have them replace your console. This is a rare occurrence, but it does happen.
The Xbox One is a complex piece of technology, which means it has a few quirks. Ejecting game discs from your Xbox One can be a great way to clean the discs, put them in their cases, and even save them from sticky fingerprints. Ejecting a disc is easy, and you can do it in a few different ways. No matter which method you choose, you will make life easier for yourself and always know where your Xbox One game discs are.