If you’ve got an iPhone, there are plenty of great mobile payment apps out there that can help you make your purchases faster and easier. One of the most useful is something called Apple Pay, which lets you store credit card information on your phone to make payments more secure and convenient. If you’re a Costco member, it’s likely that you have an iPhone and can use Apple Pay. So does Costco take Apple Pay? Read on to find out!
Does Costco Take Apple Pay?
Costco’s official website states that they do not accept Apple Pay. Costco accepts MasterCard and Visa, but not Apple Pay. Apple Pay is a new form of payment that allows you to pay with a fingerprint. You can choose to use your fingerprint instead of your card number or password to make purchases at retailers that support it, including Costco.
What Is Apple Pay?
Apple Pay is a payment method that lets you store your credit card information on your iPhone or iPad and make payments using those devices. It’s a quick way to make a payment in person using your phone’s screen or using a special credit card reader. The information on the cards is encrypted and stored in a virtual wallet on your phone. You can’t get that information without your phone, and it isn’t saved to your computer — just your phone. Other security features include a special scanner that can read your fingerprint, and the phone number isn’t displayed with purchases. If you use Apple Pay to make a purchase, you don’t have to hand over your card to make a payment. Instead, you’ll use your fingerprint to confirm the payment, and the cashier will see only the information they need to process the purchase.
How To Set Up Your Costco App And Use Apple Pay?
- If you have an iPhone, download the Costco app from the App Store. If you have an Android device, download the Costco app from Google Play.
- Once you’ve downloaded the app, open it and log in with your username and password (or create a new account).
- In the app’s main menu, tap “My Apple Pay” and then tap “Add Card.” Tap on your credit card to add it to Apple Pay.
- Tap “Buy Now” to go to your cart page. Select the item and tap “Add To Cart.” You’ll need to confirm that you want to add the item to your cart by tapping on “Confirm.” The item will now be in your cart until you are ready to purchase it or remove it from there by tapping on “Remove From Cart.”
- Next, in your iPhone’s Safari browser, go to www.costco.com/applepay/addcard or www Costco.com and log in to your account.
- Tap on the “Cart” button at the top right of the screen.
- On the next screen, tap on “Add To Apple Pay.” This will take you to a screen that asks you to confirm adding your item to your cart by tapping on “Confirm.” If you do not tap on “Confirm,” your item will not be added to your cart and it will not be ready for purchase until you do so.
- In addition, once you’re finished shopping, use Safari’s URL bar to go back to Costco’s website home page and add a note about what you purchased so that if someone else uses their iPhone or iPad, they can see what items are in the cart and make a decision about whether or not they want to buy them as well.
- Next time you go shopping at Costco, simply open the app and tap on “My Apple Pay” o the Costco website to purchase the item you want.
- When you get to the payment page, tap “Apple Pay.” If you have an iPhone, your payment information will be saved and ready for you to use. If you have an Android device, you’ll have to enter your credit card information.
- Once your information is saved, tap “Done” and then “Submit.”
- On your phone’s screen, swipe up with three fingers on the fingerprint scanner and hold until Apple Pay starts scanning your fingerprint. The scanner will scan automatically. You can also manually scan your finger by tapping it twice or by tapping twice on the fingerprint scanner and holding it until it scans automatically.
Should You Use Apple Pay At Costco?
- Costco accepts MasterCard and Visa.
- You don’t have to hand over your card information.
- You can make purchases at the register or use self-checkout.
- The security features are good, and you don’t need to show your card and ID when making a purchase with Apple Pay.
- You can use Apple Pay at any retailer that accepts it, including Costco.
- Apple Pay will work with the iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, and the new Apple Watch.
- You can pay for items in stores, at restaurants, and even at gas stations.
- Apple Pay works with apps like Uber, Spotify, and Target.
- You can make payments to friends or family with a simple text message or phone call instead of handing over your credit card information.
- Apple Pay is accepted by millions of retailers, including Costco.
- You can use Apple Pay anywhere you want to make a payment.
- You can use it for in-person payments, like buying gas or groceries at the store, or for online purchases from websites like Amazon and iTunes.
As members-only wholesale clubs, Costco and Sam’s Club operate on a different business model than most retailers. That means that Apple Pay, a feature designed for in-person payments, isn’t very useful. You can use the Costco app to order products online and have them shipped to you. Alternatively, you can use Apple Pay online, provided that the retailer accepts it. If you’re an iPhone user looking for a way to make purchases more quickly and easily, consider setting up Apple Pay. You can store your payment information securely on your phone, and you can use your phone to make payments at most retailers.