Oculus Quest is the newest standalone VR headset from Oculus. It’s an impressive piece of hardware with some great features and support for some amazing games. The only issue is that it doesn’t have an easy way to connect a microphone or headphones. Thankfully, there are some workarounds that you can use with the Oculus Quest so you can enjoy your favorite music or audio on another device while playing. Here’s what you need to know about connecting AirPods to oculus quest 2 and more.
Can You Connect AirPods To Oculus Quest 2?
Yes, you can connect AirPods to the Oculus Quest 2. The process is a little more complicated than connecting them to an iPhone, iPad, or Mac, but it’s still doable. To connect AirPods to the Oculus Quest 2, you’ll need to first download and install the AirPods app on your phone. Once you have the app installed, open it and follow the on-screen instructions to pair your AirPods with your phone. Next, go to Settings > Devices on your Oculus Quest 2 and select Bluetooth. Make sure that Bluetooth is turned on, then click on “Add Device” and select “AirPods.” The Oculus Quest 2 will then search for your AirPods.
How Do You Connect AirPods To The Oculus Quest?
1. Connect your Oculus Quest to your PC
This will be one of the more complicated steps. To connect your Quest to a computer you need to make sure that the headset is connected to a USB port on the computer. You also need to be in a location where there is a good WiFi signal and where you are in the range of the headset. If you have an iPhone, iPad, or Mac it’s probably already set up with Bluetooth so all you need to do is make sure that’s turned on and pair it with your Oculus Quest. If not, there are plenty of apps available for download from Apple’s App Store or from Google Play Store that will manage this for you.
2. Download and install the Airfoil app
Once everything is set up, open up Airfoil on your iOS device and follow the prompts until it connects with your Oculus Quest headset. From here you can select which audio devices you wish to use for audio playback such as the Oculus Quest. There are several options including Bluetooth headphones, Bluetooth speakers, USB speakers, and more. You can also customize which audio devices are available to use with the Oculus Quest.
3. Connect your Bluetooth headphones or speakers to the Oculus Quest
Once you’ve selected all of your audio devices in Airfoil, open up Oculus Quest and tap on the headphone icon in the bottom right corner of the screen. Tap on the “+” button next to it and select your desired device from the list of connected devices. The headset should automatically connect to that device and you’ll be able to play audio through that device through the headset as well! Id automatically detects your headphones and connects them to the headset. You can also select to play audio through the Quest using your computer’s speakers, but this will require you to be in close proximity to it.
4. Play music or audio while you play VR games!
Now that everything is connected, you can start playing some games like Space Pirate Trainer and Robo Recall. If you’re using headphones or speakers, you can take off the Oculus Quest and enjoy some music while playing. Now if you want to take off the headset and use your iPhone as a mic for your Oculus Quest headset, here are some steps that might help with that.
What Are The Benefits Of Connecting AirPods To The Oculus Quest?
- Connecting an external device to the Oculus Quest will allow you to use an external microphone or headphones.
- The Oculus Quest has a headphone jack that supports both analog and digital signal conversion. This means you can connect a regular pair of headphones or an external mic to the headset.
- The VR headset itself doesn’t have a built-in microphone so these workarounds will help you connect airpods to oculus quest 2 without any trouble.
- Using an external device has the added benefit of making your Oculus Quest less susceptible to noise. Sounds coming from a nearby speaker or television can cause issues with the headset’s microphone.
Are There Any Disadvantages To Connecting AirPods To The Oculus Quest?
- If you connect your Oculus Quest to your iPhone or iPad, you’ll need to go through the hassle of finding a Bluetooth speaker that works with the Quest. You’ll have to take the Quest out of its protective case and then connect it to a speaker. This is a lot of work and can be difficult because you have to find an appropriate speaker that works with this headset.
- The Oculus Quest also has no way of connecting headphones without buying new earbuds or headphones. If you want to use your favorite pair of headphones, you’ll need a dongle that plugs into the headset so that it can play audio through your device’s speakers instead of the headset itself.
- The Quest does not have a built-in mic, so you won’t be able to use it for gaming or other multiplayer applications. If you want to communicate with other players, you’ll still have to use the microphone on your phone or iPad.
- The Quest is not wireless, so it will not work with Bluetooth headphones or speakers that are connected through Bluetooth. You’ll need to find a wired headset that connects to the Quest and uses 3.5mm audio cables instead of Bluetooth connections.
The Oculus Quest is an impressive headset with some great features. However, it doesn’t have an easy way to connect headphones or a microphone. Thankfully, there are workarounds that you can use with the Quest so you can enjoy your favorite audio on another device while playing. The Oculus Quest has some great specs and is easy to use. You can easily bring your VR experience anywhere with the Quest.