As much as we love it, there’s no denying that gaming can be a pretty chilly activity. Whether you live in a drafty house or just tend to get chilly easily, staying warm while gaming can be a real challenge sometimes. After all, how are you supposed to use controller buttons to shoot bad guys when your hands are numb with cold? Thankfully, there are plenty of ways you can keep your mitts nice and toasty while enjoying your games time after time again. Here are some tips for keeping your hands warm while gaming:
How To Keep Hands Warm While Gaming
1. Get a good gaming mouse
Even if you’re just playing on your laptop, a good gaming mouse is still highly recommended. If you’re looking for an affordable option, the Logitech G502 Proteus Core is a great choice. It has a great design, it comes with excellent software and it has plenty of buttons so you can customize your settings to fit what you’re doing. The mouse also comes with Omron switches that have been proven to be extremely durable and reliable by the manufacturer as well as by users. If you really want to get the most out of your gaming experience, this is one of the best mice money can buy.
2. Get a quality headset for gaming purposes
While there are plenty of ways to get sound from your games without having to use headphones, there are also plenty of occasions where headphones are necessary for optimal sound quality and comfort during playtime. To make sure that you get the most out of your gaming experience, it’s important that you get a good pair of gaming headphones. Logitech G430 Gaming Headset is a great choice, especially if you’re looking for an affordable option. The headset comes with plenty of features that make it ideal for gaming purposes and its sound quality is more than acceptable as well.
3. Keep your body warm with a good pajama top
If you’re looking for something to wear under your pajamas while gaming, then you should definitely consider getting a pajama top instead of going with boxers or briefs. If you’re looking for something low-key, the Under Armour HeatGear Women’s HeatGear Compression Tights are a great option. They come in sizes ranging from XS to 3X and they have a nice camo design that makes them perfect for both casual and professional use.
4. Wear some good socks and boots if you need to be on your feet during playtime
If you’re playing video games on your laptop or desktop computer, then it’s important that you wear some decent socks and boots while doing so if you need to be on your feet during playtime. After all, if your feet get cold from being on the floor all night long, then they could start to hurt pretty quickly which could ruin getting a good gaming pajama top. It’s important that your pajamas are comfortable and they should also keep your body warm so that you can stay warm while gaming. The best way to do this is by getting a good quality pajama top, like the one from Under Armour. This is an affordable option that comes with excellent quality and it’s guaranteed to keep you warm while gaming.
5. Keep your body cool with a good cooling vest or jacket
If you’re looking for something to wear underneath your pajamas, then you should definitely consider getting a cooling vest or jacket for gaming purposes. Not only will this help you stay warm while gaming, but it will also keep your body cool so that you don’t get too hot during play time either. The best way to do this is by getting a good quality cooling vest or jacket, like the one from Cooler Master. This is an affordable option that getting a nice, cozy pajama top. The best way to do this is to get one that is made of flannel material. It’s warmer than it appears and it will help keep you nice and warm while you’re gaming.
- You don’t have to go all out and wear all sorts of layers, but wearing a couple of layers or a hoodie can really help keep your hands warm. We recommend using a soft, lightweight material that wicks away moisture while still providing you with some warmth.
- If you like to wear more layers, the more layers you have the better. Having multiple combinations of different types of clothing helps you stay warm and warm when it comes to staying comfortable in any temperature.
- Using multiple materials with different thicknesses will keep your hands dry and comfortable even on colder days, as well as warmer ones. This is why we recommend using several different types of materials for all the clothing pieces you wear during gaming.
- Another way to stay warm while gaming is by using an electric blanket or heated mattress pad underneath your sheets while still allowing yourself to feel cool in bed at night when sleeping (if you’re not a fan of electric blankets, you can also use a heating pad).
- If you’re like us, and can’t sleep without a fan, then we recommend using a pair of earplugs to help block out the noise of your fan. This way you won’t have to hear it while gaming!
- Of course, if you live in an apartment or dorm room, then there are other ways to stay warm without having to wear as many layers (although we still recommend wearing as much as possible). For example, you can always use a space heater or even get creative and make your own space heater using an electric blanket or heating pad. We also recommend using a small portable space heater that can be easily moved around for maximum effectiveness.
Set Up A Heating Device
- If you have a fireplace or electric fireplace, this is a great way to keep your hands warm. As long as you’re not inhaling the smoke, this is a great way to get your hands nice and warm while gaming.
- If you have access to a wood-burning stove, then this is another great way to keep your hands warm while gaming. You can use charcoal briquettes or even make your own fire in the chimney with some matches and kindling. Alternatively, if you don’t have access to a wood-burning stove, then use an electric fire starter like this one from Amazon.
- If you don’t have access to any of these heating devices but still want to stay warm during gaming then consider using an electric blanket for extra warmth or even an old bed sheet that you can place under the legs of your chair or couch for added warmth as well. Try wrapping it around your legs so that it doesn’t get too hot.
- If you’re looking for something a little more permanent, then consider getting one of these heaters for your gaming room. This is the perfect way to keep your hands warm and cozy while gaming.
- If you don’t have any of these heating devices or don’t want to spend money on a heater, then consider using a small electric fan in the corner of your gaming room that you can point towards your chair or couch to keep your hands nice and warm as well.
Drink Hot Tea Or Coffee While Gaming.
- While this may seem like a no-brainer, some of us tend to forget that we can actually drink hot drinks while gaming. While this is a great way to warm up your hands and drink some hot tea or coffee, it’s also a great way to stay warm while gaming. This is because the warmth from the liquid will help keep your hands nice and cozy, making it easy for you to press buttons on your controller.
- If you’re worried about losing heat from the liquid in your cup, consider adding a few ice cubes to the cup before drinking. As long as there’s enough liquid in the cup to cover the ice cubes, they should be able to help keep your hands nice and warm while gaming.
- Alternatively, if you want a more traditional beverage when enjoying your game time with friends or family members, consider grabbing some hot cocoa mix instead of plain old hot water and milk. This way you can enjoy both hot drinks and heat while gaming.
- If you have a heated gaming chair, consider using it to keep your hands nice and warm while gaming. This way, you can enjoy the heated feature of your chair without having to worry about your hands getting too cold.
- Consider investing in a heated gaming controller or headset if you don’t already have one. This will help keep your hands nice and warm while still being able to play your games with ease. You can also always invest in a set of heated controllers or headsets if you already own one that doesn’t offer this feature!
Keeping your hands warm while gaming is easier than you might think. Whether you choose a tried and true method, like wearing layers in the winter, or try out something new, like setting up a space heater, you can easily keep your hands toasty while enjoying your time behind the controller. You may even find that keeping your hands warm makes it easier to win games, as well.